- Fiddlesticks! I am not hitting my quota this week, but darn it, I racked up some posts this month! I am proud of myself! Perhaps I will post again today? Do I have the discipline? No. Instead I will make up for it by making this a big one!
- Making great progress creatively! Substituting making music and movies for drinking beer has been the best decision I've made in over a year!
- Other great news! Since the great microkorg konk out of 2019, I have secured a new synthesizer! I had my eye on a few models. Back in the early 00's I got mine for just a smidge over two hundred bucks as it was only just introduced and hadn't achieved super big popularity yet. I really enjoyed using it over the years and recorded tons of stuff with it. However, over the last couple of years the darn things has been acting wonky. Admittedly I have no idea how to work a synthesizer. I just make it up as I go along. The microkorg is made for folks who already have a fair concept of what synthesizers do. I know you're supposed to read the manual. I used to never read manuals. Now I do. Pretty sure I fried the circuits because I did something dumb programming wise. Anyway, I'd been eyeing the following synths, as I am on a bankruptcy budget: Korg Volca, Korg Keys, MiniNova, Uno Synth, the Behringer Neutron, and the MicroBrute. Impulsively I checked craigslist to see if anyone on there nearby was selling one of these, and I immediately found a used MicroBrute for $165. The guy was super nice and I bought it from him without even trying it out, as I was darn impressed by the demo video and I trusted the dude. I was right, of course. The darn thing is amazing! And all for less than what used to be my beer budget for the month! Woo-hoo!
PIC OF THE DAY:
No comments:
Post a Comment