As I work on my sobriety I am becoming increasingly aware of creation as a form of escape. There have been times in my life when I was making lots of stuff to keep myself busy and my mind off the things that were stressing me. I got a bit of a whiff of that over the weekend, courting my sobriety and occupying myself with numerous creating projects and making manic headway. It's like the dam is broken and the water's breaking out. Lately it's been the opposite. Netflix sofa surfin, tallboys standing by, enjoying the complacency until I couldn't enjoy the complacency anymore. It's good to be back in action. But I don't wanna make stuff just to make stuff. I wanna make stuff that is participating with the universe in a positive sort of way although I gravitate toward drive in trash horror tropes and absurdity. I want to entertain those who may be entertained by my work even though I may only be entertaining myself. Either way, I am heading in this direction.
PIC OF THE DAY:
No comments:
Post a Comment