The world is weird. Longer I seem to be around the dumber it seems to get. But folks have always been saying that. Specifically, regarding the art of film, technology has rendered the aesthetic of film rather standardized in form. Movies, television, YouTube and TikTok all look the same. With TikTok everyone has access to a platform where they can do whatever they want in a one minute video. Anyone can become a superstar for reasons that are completely strange and unknown to me. It's a familiar feeling of this weird world I just don't understand with its own strange laws and rules I can't quite figure out or follow.
I have seemed to forget in the world of creativity I have another option, rather than struggling against the grain. To do whatever I want to do with boldness and confidence. I have no interest in cracking algorithms. What drives me now is what has always driven me and that's the drive to create and conquer my demons. I always thought my work would have a universal appeal because we are all human and we all suffer from our conditions. My work has always been about giving audio visual form to that struggle. But the fact is I am an utter weirdo and my struggle is completely my own and most folks would rather not be privy to it. Should that stop me? Of course not! It should encourage me more! It is a voice that needs to be heard! Ahahahahahah!
Histrionics aside, in an ocean of voices screaming to be heard, I will steadfastly continue my efforts in creation rather than contributing to the deafening din.
No comments:
Post a Comment