VID OF THE DAY:
Tuesday, June 11, 2019
This is absolute bonkers tomfoolery! Well, not really, but a little bit, I guess. I am 46. My youth was spent in the 80s and 90s growing up and there were lots of great things going on musically at the time of which I hadn't the slightest inkling, or only had a passing interest, or I rejected it flat out! I was obsessed with the Pixies, Velvet Underground, Lou Reed, Husker Du, Faith No More, Nick Cave, Kim Deal, the Throwing Muses, Prince, Diamanda Galas, and John Zorn and missed a lot of great things due to my myopic enthusiasm. So now I am sort of on a nostalgia kick. Getting into some amazing bands and records I missed out on. Kind of obsessed with the Jesus and Mary Chain and the Afghan Whigs, ubiquitous at the time but I wasn't paying any attention. Oh. I also picked up the Fine Young Cannibals The Raw and the Remix CD. That darn thing was at the top of the college charts for, like, ever and ever and I had no idea why. They just weren't that cool. But it's a great record! I can imagine it being equally fun studying or making out to it! Great soundtrack for a dorm room!
VID OF THE DAY:
VID OF THE DAY:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment