Monday, June 17, 2019

I really admire the film directing of Clint Eastwood. He is a link to the true Hollywood movie making of the past. As a young man he worked with many of the masters so he had a chance to learn first hand from some of the best. Although I am a weirdo filmmaker, I truly appreciate the elegant craftsmanship of his work. It's never sloppy or slapdash. The performances are always nuanced. He's got a great eye for details and knows exactly how pace a picture. He doesn't insult the intelligence of the audience, but is, likewise, never arch or pretentious. He is accessible and knows how to tell a story. It kind of amazes me he's still cranking out such great work like Mystic River, Changeling, Gran Torino, and Jersey Boys, which I saw most recently on Netflix and loved, as I am a big sucker for band biopics and I love Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons! The man is 89 years old and he cranked out two films last year! I am forty six and I was barely able to excrete a four minute experimental mind warp last year! Sheesh! I need to learn from some masters!

VID OF THE DAY:


No comments: