Tuesday, April 02, 2019

There we go! In a blink of an eye two entire months go by without a blog post! Phew! Well, there is a reason for that. Bankruptcy and divorce are the wild ones I'm dealing with these days. They're taking up a lot of my time and psychic energy. But life is good. On the road to relief! Though I've been detained by life business, I have managed to reincorporate art into my life kind of like exercise or meditation. I chip at it day by day. If I am too wiped out from the day's events, I don't give myself guff for zoning out on trash cinema or dumb shows.

Been working on a new Von Lemione song called Witch of the Water, which has been great fun and is coming along nicely. But I sort of realized how creativity dies out. It's a lot of work. Making a recording or a film is very much like life. It doesn't always go right and there are always fires to put out. While recording the song I forgot to save the project and lost four out of my 8 tracks. I had to scamper around, find the tracks, get them back into the project somehow and then fix everything on the timeline. Life is frustrating enough. It's frustrating when the things you do to escape the frustration end up frustrating you. But whatever. Gotta learn to love it. Get excited about fixing problems rather than frustrated by them. Look at it like an opportunity to take control of knee jerk impulses by thinking them through and developing discipline to tackle what it takes to make a cool song or movie.

Weirdly these days I need to spend a considerable amount of time away from a project before I can finish it. When I work with something for about a week, I can't see it clearly any more and need some time off to let the dust settle and gain some perspective. So my method is to keep a bunch of hot potatoes in the air at the same time, juggling them. I swear I am two edits away from finishing President Monsterface. I just got tired of looking at the same darn thing, over and over again.


No comments: