Sunday, September 27, 2015

Romanian Roseville

The Romanian Festival in Roseville was a bummer because we forgot to take cash out for the food the vendors were selling. The kid threw a non-stop fit so we left. Got some Del Taco on the way home, which I sincerely believe did a digestive number on me. Had two fish tacos and the kid ate most of my fries.

Irina and I were fighting like old people over routes and money matters. The horror if it all. As always we recognized the ridiculosity and moved on, laughing about the hotheaded messes we usually are.

Got a message from a friend about people who make crazy videos who would be down for collabing and acting in stuff of mine which gave me some nice wind to ease myself out of the usual usuals of work, school, family, a little leisure, repeat. That was so nice and super.

The Pavement obsession continues. Is it nostalgia or genuine magic? A little of both but much more of the latter. I came late to that party but Mr. Malkmus is still making very interesting things. I was less adult then and Pavement seemed adult to me. Not as much now, but def then. They were beyond me.

When I drive to school in Stockton I feel so romantic like this is where Pavement hailed and Gary Young is out here somewhere and how exciting and mysterious. And then I get a little sad for Portland where I drove by Steve's almost on a daily basis.

Pavement makes me want to throw out my guitar and pick up my Super 8 camera again.

No comments: