VID OF THE DAY:
Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Trying to be better. More organized and punctual. not so easy for a weirdo like me! Since I've been sober, it's been interesting to see all the stuff I blamed on alcohol. Like my artistic productivity. I am realizing it's got nothing to do with the alcohol, the feelings I have regarding my productivity as an artist. I recall times in my life when I was drinking and being very productive artistically. Parenthood changed a lot of it. It's hard work raising kids and it drains the system. For me, art replenishes my soul, but I get physically tired from it. It's a lot of work. One is truly giving a part of themselves in the process, I think, if they are doing it right. I'm already giving a lot to my kids and my day job. But hey. I've got more to give. And selfishly, I do need to replenish my being by making stuff. It still helps me make sense of the world. Like meditating. Tai Chi. Yoga. Frankly I'm not doing that stuff either. But I'm making more room for it and not beating myself up. Enjoying sobriety and giving myself the room to maintain it, even if for the time being it means less movie and music making and more loafing on the couch and cleaning up around the house.
VID OF THE DAY:
VID OF THE DAY:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment