Been a while since I've done one of these. Since returning to California life has become more about work and survival than making movies. Never in my life had I thought adulting would be so challenging and nightmarishly inane. But whatever. I don't really care. The creative spirit is still strong and very much alive deep within the torridly bubbling bowels of my soul. The dam will eventually bust open!
I love being a dad. My kids have helped me access the kid in me, thusly keeping my creativity very much intact and aflame. I just don't have time or energy to get my creative work done anymore. Every day at work is an adventure in insanity and when I get home all I can do is self soothe after completing or, mainly, shirking my mundane home tasks and responsibilities. Dishes in the sink. Piles of laundry. Dirty toilets. Blah blah blah.
Somehow I gotta get past this. I shot this crazy movie called 666 Jump Street and all I have to show for it is a bunch of digital 0s and 1s. I have two weeks off work coming up soon. Let's see if I can get anything done. Usually I use the time to recover. Watch movies and dumb shows. Drink IPAs. I know I must summon energy from somewhere, perhaps the ether, to get it done. But what is taken from my person by putting out fires and running around like a headless chicken for money, is difficult to recover and put back into my creative work. But I am learning new tricks! Potions and spells!
No comments:
Post a Comment