Rock and roll is just about the only place where an artist can be self taught. A rock musician doesn't need to have a degree. I wonder if all this will change. Some of the great movie makers never had degrees and some never went to college and some dropped out of high school. It's really weird seeing so many filmmakers with degrees. I sort of don't get it. Is it about the standardization of art? Does it really give a person an edge in their artistic capabilities if they are schooled? I dunno. For me, I know I am happy with the vocabulary I have. I am always learning new words, but I also like creating new words from the words I have learned. Words that are sometimes difficult to decipher.
But listen... and the words will sound beautiful.
You don't need an MFA in Rock or rrrrart..
No comments:
Post a Comment